5 hospitals in Vietnam allowed surrogacy service25-02-2020 04:08 PM
TTO - Hung Vuong Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City has just been recognized by the Ministry of Health to be eligible to perform surrogacy techniques for humanitarian purposes.
Dr.Hoang Thi Diem Tuyet - Photo: HOANG LOC
Accordingly, there are 5 hospitals nationwide approved to deliver surrogacy service , namely Hung Vuong Hospital, Tu Du Hospital, My Duc Hospital, the National Hospital of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Hue Central Hospital.
Ms. Hoang Thi Diem Tuyet - Director of Hung Vuong Hospital - said: "It is expected that when the new building of the hospital comes into use this July, needy people can come to the hospital for registration. The institute will screen documents, offer guidance on legal procedures, provide psychological and medical advice.
Surrogacy for humanitarian purposes will help some patients with special conditions who seem impossible to be a mother to be able to fulfill their dreams. "
* What is the proportion of people in need of surrogacy in our country, ma'am?
- The rate of in vitro fertilization in our country reaches 40-45%. Particularly, Hung Vuong Hospital since 2018 has achieved RTAC Certification (a general set of 14 essential standards and 5 quality standards of good practices in managing and improving the quality of assisted reproductive units), issued by an international organization in Australia.
* In addition to the existing legal corridor, what does the hospital do to control the situation of subjects taking advantage of loopholes to turn humanitarian purposes into business ones?
- Besides strictly complying with the provisions of the law, we consciously coordinate with lawyer's offices to have them examine legal papers for proofs of relationships as regulated by law. We also build mechanisms for regular inspection and supervision.
* What is the hospital's greatest desire when authorized by the Ministry of Health to carry out this technique?
- Assisted reproductive technology is often very expensive, which is a barrier to many patients. With the motto of providing good quality service in assisted reproduction, we hope to quote a more affordable price for people in Ho Chi Minh City in particular, and southern provinces in general, so that more people can access the service. .
Many causes of infertility